Sunday 3 August 2014

Day 64 - Sunday, August 3 - Karaoke Fun!

Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest.  Well we are trying - it is already 2:30 pm and I just sat down to rest! 

Laundry this morning, 3 hours zipped by.  It seems that I pick the wrong time to do laundry all the time - the washers are full so I have to wait and if I leave I lose my spot in line.  Oh well it is always very interesting to talk to people while you wait.  

This morning I am very recognizable as I became a "Star" last night - or so Dan thinks!  One of the fellows from the Karaoke came in with his laundry and asked how I was this morning - had I lost my voice yet!  Last night was fun, fun, fun.!  We went to listen to the music and I got talked into singing with a lady.  The first song was a bit nerve racking, but after that it felt pretty good.  So I picked a few songs I knew the tune of and just as I thought I would escape the stage, Dan hollers out sing "Could I Have This Dance " by Anne Murray - so the lady said sure we'll sing that.  Most of you already know this, it is our special song - our wedding song.  Anyway it was lots of fun, I really enjoyed singing.

I talked with the neighbour lady, she is from Chilliwack, while in the laundry room.  They had come over through the states and are heading out tomorrow to New Brunswick to start their trek home.  Another lady from Maine that had just arrived.  They are quite taken aback with the prices here and the tax - apparently they do not have sales tax in Maine.  So to them everything is very expensive. 

So laundry done, time to make lunch.  That done time to go get some PEI potatoes.  I used all we had this morning to make potato salad to go with supper.  After we got the potatoes off to the seafood store - it's just across the road a bit.  They have all kinds of fresh seafood.  We got some lobster - cooked, cleaned and ready to eat with our potato salad!  Mmm.  They have scallops, oysters (tomorrow's supper, I already ordered them) and fresh lobsters, cooked whole lobsters, clams, salmon, just about anything you want.    

Now finally it is time to relax in my shelter.  I might get up enough energy to go to the pool here - apparently it is a salt water pool.  

So tonight the entertainment here is a pair of champion Fiddlers and a Country Band, quite looking forward to that.  In place of admission they collect donations for their Children's Hospital - good cause.

Just a little tidbit from one of our road trips here - this is a persons yard sign saying their last name - can't read it in the picture but the chair is huge!   


No comments:

Post a Comment