Friday 25 July 2014

Day 55 - Friday, July 25 - Pictou

So easy day today.  We are off to A&W for breakfast.   Then once our bellies are full we are heading down the road to Pictou.  We are stopping at the Geneology Centre to see if there is any information on the Frasers.  Aunt Ethel, Uncle Vernon's mom was born in Pictou County.  Apparently there are some of his cousins here by the name of McLean, so I am going to try to find them.  


This is a cute little town and is very old.  

This is the original Post Office - it is abandoned now. 


These are a few other buildings on the Main Street.  


On our way to the laundry we noticed a knife factory with a sale going on.  Sale caught my eye so we had to go in.  Well needless to say we came out with a few knives.  


We took a trip to the McCulloch House Museum and inside was the Geneology centre where I tried to find some info on the Frasers.  There were 3 students working there that tried to help me, but too many Frasers and not enough information to trace them. I am going to the Hector Museum tomorrow and may be able to find some information there.




I am sure my cousin Wendy has been here, she is really into the family history.  

Dan and I went to the laundry to get our clothes cleaned up and across the street Dan became a Scotsman!  


Laundry done, another supper of cheese and crackers and veggies with dip.  Beautiful evening after a cloudy day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment